Eskmills Christmas Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions form part of the contractual agreement between you and us. Please read them carefully. Eskmills Venue reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time subject to the Customer being notified of such changes as soon as reasonably possible.
- To confirm your booking, a non-refundable deposit of £25 per person for Christmas Party Nights and £30 per person for Christmas Day and Hogmanay Bookings is required. A deposit of £10 per child is required for Christmas Day Bookings. The Deposit must be paid within 24 hours unless otherwise agreed in writing. If the Deposit is not paid in this time the Booking will not be effective and no Agreement will exist between us. If the Deposit is paid late, Eskmills Venue may agree to nonetheless reinstate the Booking at our sole discretion. Eskmills Venue reserves the right to cancel a provisional booking if the deposit is not paid by the agreed date.
- Cancellations of individual guests or of the entire group will result in deposits being forfeited, as deposit(s) are not refundable or transferable.
- Final numbers are to be confirmed and the final balance is to be paid 5 weeks prior to the event date and is not refundable or transferable in the event of cancellation. Eskmills Venue reserves the right to cancel a booking if the final payment is not received by the agreed date.
- Cheques should be made payable to GH Event Catering Ltd.
- Multiple cheques are not accepted.
- A secure form of Pay Pal is used for all credit/debit transactions. Eskmills Venue will not be held responsible for any monies sent but not received and cash payments must be paid in person to Eskmills Venue. Eskmills Venue accepts payment by the following methods:
- Debit card
- BACS transfer
- American Express
- All prices are inclusive of VAT at the current rate.
Cancellation by Eskmills Venue
- Eskmills Venue may cancel the provision of the Services to an Event and forthwith terminate this Agreement and the rights granted to the Customer if:
- The Venue has to be closed for reasons beyond Eskmills Venue’s or the Venue’s control; or
- The Customer is already in arrears with any payment due to Eskmills Venue or Venue owner; or
- The Customer is in breach of any of these terms and conditions and any Venue terms and conditions of hire and fails to rectify such breach within 7 days of written request as to do by Eskmills Venue; or
- A petition is presented or a resolution is passed for the winding up of the Customer (except for the purpose of a reconstruction, amalgamation or members voluntary liquidation); or the Customer stops or threatens to stop payment of its debts or ceases or threatens to cease to carry on its business; or
- An encumbrance takes possession or a Receiver is appointed over the whole or part of the assets or under-taking of the Customer; or
- The Customer is unable to pay its debts within the meaning of Section 123 of the Insolvency Act 1986 or any statutory modification or re-enactment thereof; or
- An application is made to the Court under Section 9 of the Insolvency Act 1986 for an Administration Order in relation to the Customer or if the Customer passes a resolution for the making of any such application to the Court; or
- A proposal is made under Section 1 of the Insolvency Act 1986 for a voluntary arrangement in relation to the debts or affairs of the Customer; or
- The Customer shall convene a meeting of or propose to enter into any arrangement with its creditors generally; or
- The Customer (being an individual) is adjudicated bankrupt or dies.
- To ensure an enjoyable atmosphere for all, Eskmills Venue reserves the right to transfer bookings to alternative dates if minimum numbers are not achieved for an event. Fourteen days’ notice will be given and a full refund will be provided if alternative dates are unsuitable. Eskmills Venue’s liability for cancellations are limited to a full refund of payments received.
Cancellations by the Customer
- A Confirmed Booking shall only be deemed to be cancelled when Eskmills Venue receives written notification of the cancellation.
- Where a Customer cancels this Agreement or the provision of Services thereunder, the following charges shall apply:
- Deposit is non-refundable or transferable
- Less than 6 weeks’ notice of cancellation – 100% of the Price
- Eskmills Venue shall not be liable to the Customer by reason of any delay in performing or any failure to perform any of Eskmills Venue’s obligations in relation to the Services if such delay or failure is due to any cause beyond Eskmills Venue’s reasonable control (but the charges may be subject to abatement by a fair and reasonable apportionment). Examples of such causes beyond Eskmills Venue’s control include but are not limited to: acts of God, inclement weather, criminal acts or omissions, any form of Government intervention, war, hostilities, rebellion, terrorist activity, local or national emergency, sabotage or riots, and floods, fires, explosions or other catastrophes.
- Eskmills Venue shall have no liability to the Customer for any consequential loss to the Customer arising out of or in connection with the provision of Services pursuant to the terms and conditions (except in respect of death or personal injury resulting from negligence) and the total liability of Eskmills Venue for any other loss of the Customer shall not exceed the Projected Price.
- The Customer agrees to pay any loss or liability of any kind to us or any other person caused by the Customer or any of the Guests and to indemnify Eskmills Venue in full against all injury (including death) to any persons or loss of or damage to any of our or of the Venue’s facilities or any other property which may arise out of any negligence, act of omission by the Customer or Guests.
- Any loss of or damage to property of the Customer or Guests should be reported to Eskmills Venue at the earliest possible opportunity. Any lost property discovered by Eskmills Venue will be kept securely for up to 30 days (depending on the nature of the item) until claimed by the owner, failing which it will be either destroyed or donated to charity. Where possible, Eskmills Venue will endeavour to contact the owner of any lost property. Full details of how lost property is dealt with are contained in the Eskmills Venue Lost Property Policy which is available upon request and displayed in a prominent position at Eskmills Venue. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Eskmills Venue accepts no liability for the loss or damage to any property or personal belongings brought onto the Venue by the Customer or Guests.
- All table plans are at the discretion of the Eskmills Venue. We will endeavour to accommodate any special seating requests, however these cannot be guaranteed as overall party sizes will determine final table arrangements. We cannot guarantee that your party will all be sat together.
- Final details of any special dietary requirements need to be confirmed by the Customer by the date specified in the Event Order Confirmation and where no date has been specified at least four weeks prior to the Event.
- Please drink responsibly. Eskmills Venue will not be held responsible for individual’s alcohol consumption. Staff members have the right to refuse service and ask guests to leave premises at their discretion.
- Bar facilities are available from 7pm. Last orders will be called at 0030 and bar will close promptly at 0045 without exceptions.
- Eskmills Venue operates a Challenge 25 Policy – please ensure you have photographic ID when ordering drinks
- Eskmills Venue Christmas Parties are over 18’s events only. Eskmills Venue reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone under the age of 18.
- No variation to these terms and conditions shall be effective unless agreed in writing and signed on behalf of Eskmills Venue and the Customer.
- These terms and conditions shall prevail over any conditions offered by the Customer.
- If the Customer comprises more than one person those persons shall be jointly and severally liable under this Agreement.
- The Customer shall not assign, transfer, sub-contract, or in any other manner make over to any third party the benefit and/or burden of this Agreement in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Eskmills Venue, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld or delayed. Eskmills Venue may subcontract, assign or transfer our obligations or rights to a competent third party whether in whole or in part.
- This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with Scots Law and each party agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts as regards any claim or matter arising.
- Eskmills Venue reserves the right to update these terms and conditions. Eskmills Venue will give written notice of any changes.
- Eskmills Venue, as part of our marketing, collect photographic images relating to some events for use via the following channels:
- Social media
- Marketing campaigns
- If you would like to opt out of any photographic campaigns, please email email@example.com